We saw several other lighthouses on our trip. This one is located at North Cape on Prince Edward Island. Starting in 1834, there were many requests to build a lighthouse at North Cape where a long, rocky reef extended 1½ miles into the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Finally, in 1865, money was appropriated and this lighthouse was erected. In 1951 it had to be moved 400 feet inland because erosion of the shoreline threatened to topple the building.